If there’s anything I like more than good old granola, it’s definitely granola bars. I know, many prepackaged varieties are complete gimmicks and rip-offs. What could be easier than sticking those dry ingredients together? Plus, the increase in cost can become astronomical when you factor in excessive packaging.
Thankfully, I happened to have plenty of raw materials still on my hands, so I decided to cut out the middleman in this situation and use what I had on hand to make a pan of chewy granola bars.
Selecting the Peanut Butter granola to best compliment my sticky concoction made primarily from peanut butter, these bars are impossibly addictive. Plus, it’s so incredibly easy to put together with no actual baking required, it may be hard to stop at just one batch. Thankfully, you can just as easily double the recipe and press it into a 9 x 13-inch pan, too.
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Agave
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 Cups Peanut Butter Granola
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 square baking dish. Place the granola in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, agave, and peanut butter, and cook over medium heat until fully combined and smooth; bring just to a boil. Pour the liquid ingredients over the cereal, mix well to fully coat all of the dry granola, and press it evenly into your prepared pan.
- Let cool completely before cutting, although you can always speed up this process in the fridge. Because they are so soft, I might suggest wrapping them individually (for both freshness and ease) and storing them in the fridge. However, I can’t say for sure on this one, because my ravenous dorm mates gobbled them all up within an hour!
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I have experience with all of these companies and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through my links.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g
All nutritional information presented within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on BitterSweetBlog.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. Even though I try to provide accurate nutritional information to the best of my ability, these figures should still be considered estimations.