Gifting holidays can be tough, placing the burden squarely on the giver. Some people can be picky, tough to shop for, or claim to not want or need presents. What can you get for the person with everything? Well, how about more of everything!
Everything cheese straws take the irresistible savory seasoning synonymous with the very best bagels and wraps it up in cream cheese-slathered puff pastry. These buttery, flaky, and crispy morsels come together in an instant with just four essential ingredients, making them perfect for parties, last-minute guests, and effortless gifts.
What can you serve Everything Cheese Straws with?
I’m not trying to make yet another cute pun, but these savory morsels really do pair beautifully with just about everything! Think of them as bread sticks to enjoy alongside any meal, stand-alone snacks or appetizers, or coupled with a few of my favorites:
- Soups, stews, or chili
- Hummus, aioli, or guacamole
- Meatless charcuterie
- Pasta entrees
- Green salads
- Tofu scramble (instead of toast!)
You don’t need to be a skilled baker to pull off a Christmas miracle here. Just give it everything you’ve got, and that’s the best gift of all.
- 1 (16 - 17 Ounce) Package Frozen Puff Pastry (2 Sheets), Thawed
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Cream Cheese, at Room Temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Everything Bagel Seasoning
- All-Purpose Flour, as Needed
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface use a rolling pin to even out the surface, rolling it about 1/8th of an inch thick. Mix the cream cheese together with the lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth, then spread it evenly over the top. Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- Cut the pastry in half, placing one piece on top of the other. Cut the stack in half lengthwise to create 2 long rectangles. Slice those rectangle into short strips, about 1 inch thick. Twist each pastry strip and place on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes, until puffed and golden brown all over. Let cool completely before serving.
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I have experience with all of these companies and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through my links.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
All nutritional information presented within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on BitterSweetBlog.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. Even though I try to provide accurate nutritional information to the best of my ability, these figures should still be considered estimations.