One bowl. Six ingredients. No oil. No gluten.
Ready? Set? Bake!
It’s a lot to ask of one little loaf, but this pumpkin bread can truly do it all. Pared down to the bare essentials, it’s the ace up my sleeve for last-minute fall festivities or sudden sweet cravings. Everything comes straight out of the pantry and into the oven faster than you can say “good gourd!”
Versatile, flexible, and endlessly adaptable, this basic foundation is just the beginning. Dress it up with nuts or seeds, get spicy with chai or apple pie blends, or go whole grain with buckwheat flour instead. Add cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and marshmallows, oh my!
This isn’t exclusively a bit of autumnal magic, either. Swap 3 – 4 large, ripe, mashed bananas for the pumpkin puree and you’ve suddenly got a crowd-pleasing perennial banana bread sensation to serve.
- 1 3/4 Cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 1/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 (14-Ounce) Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar or Dark Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, spice blend, and baking powder.
- Mix together the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, and brown sugar. Once smooth, pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry, and use a wide spatula to combine.
- Stir until fully incorporated and the batter is smooth. No need to worry about overmixing because there's no gluten!
- Transfer to your prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 60 - 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
Adjust sweetness to taste. For more of a breakfast treat or Thanksgiving side dish, cut down the sweetener to as little as 1/3 - 1/2 cup, as desired.
Feel free to add up to 1 cup of nuts, chocolate chips, or chopped dried fruits.
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I have experience with all of these companies and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through my links.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g