February is upon us. Are you ready for some football?!
Okay, me neither. I am, however, ready for an afternoon of entertaining commercials paired with some winning snacks. Who could pass up the opportunity to make a meal of chips, dips, and various fried delights?
Combining those cravings into one compact comfort food canapé, I was inspired by the Twin Dragon Asian Wrapper Recipe Challenge to transform classic queso into easy, cheesy rangoons.
Chips are merely crunchy vehicles for loading up on dip, so let’s cut straight to the good stuff and double down on the filling instead. Score big points by baking or air frying these savory morsels for an equally crispy finish, without all the grease.
Whether you’re watching the game or happily grazing through the event, these spicy little pouches will be the MVPs of the day.
JSL Foods Twin Dragon wonton wrappers are great for so much more than just dumplings. Check out their website, Twitter feed, Facebook page, and YouTube channel for more ideas.
Crispy air fried wontons are the perfect vehicle to double down on gooey, spicy, cheesy vegan queso! You'll never be able to go back to regular old chips and dip after serving a platter of these golden beauties.
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews, Soaked for 6 Hours and Thoroughly Drained
- 1/2 Cup Plain, Unsweetened Vegan Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Pickled Jalapeños, Minced
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 24 - 30 Square Wonton Wrappers
- Neutral Spray Oil
- To make the queso, place all ingredients for the filling in your blender or food processor. Blend on high speed until the mixture is completely smooth and creamy, pausing to scrape down the sides of the canister as needed. Allow 5 - 8 minutes to get the mixture perfectly silky-smooth.
- To assemble the rangoons, work with one wonton wrapper at a time. Place about 2 teaspoons of the queso in the center. Brush water (or use your fingers) around the entire perimeter of the wrapper, and bring the corners up and over the filling toward the center. Seal the sides and pinch the very middle together to seal all the way around.
- Place the finished rangoons on a parchment-lined air fryer tray and lightly spray with oil all over. Cook at 300 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through, until golden all over. Cook only one tray at a time on the lowest rack for the best results. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately, while piping hot!
To bake these in a conventional oven, bake at 350 degrees for 18 - 20 minutes.
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I have experience with all of these companies and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through my links.
Vitamix 5200 Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz. Container, Black
KAL Nutritional Yeast Flakes | Vitamin B12, Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten Free | Unsweetened, Great Flavor, No Bitter Aftertaste | Great for Cooking | 22 oz
NOW Foods, Certified Organic Cashews, Whole, Raw and Unsalted, Rich Buttery Flavor, Source of Fiber, Protein and Iron, Certified Non-GMO, 10-Ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
All nutritional information presented within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on BitterSweetBlog.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. Even though I try to provide accurate nutritional information to the best of my ability, these figures should still be considered estimations.
4 thoughts on “A Serious Queso the Munchies”
Brilliant Hannah! Dairy does not sit well with us but we love rangoon. Delicious solution with a fun tex mex twist!
This looks wonderful, so creative and perfect for the big game. Thanks!
I am ready for some Super Bowl football but this sounds good with or without the game. :-)
Wow, cashews and jalapeno in the filling, this would be so creamy with a bit of kick. Love it