Even with unseasonably warm weather this January, it’s still a struggle to stay warm and cozy. A mug of hot tea or coffee does wonders, but for an extra special treat, nothing takes the chill off quite like a sip of rich, creamy hot chocolate. Thick enough to qualify as a dessert, my rendition gets an extra boost from bright gingerbread spices, plus the deep, earthy sweetness of molasses.
- 3 Cups Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 6 Ounces (1 Cup) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, thoroughly whisk everything together except the vanilla. Continue to whisk gently until the chocolate melts smoothly and the mixture is hot.
- Mix in the vanilla after taking the saucepan off the heat. Serve and enjoy with someone you love.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 154mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 32g Protein: 5g