CBD has been all the buzz lately, which is rather ironic for a supplement that positively cannot get you buzzed. For anyone that needs a quick crash course in Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, it is a compound that interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system. These series of receptors regulate pain, mood, the immune system, memory, appetite, stress, and other important functions. Unlike THC, CBD will not get you high or create any psychoactive effect.
Let’s be honest: While unadulterated, straight CBD oil is unarguably the ideal for assimilation, it tastes much like raw hemp, which is to say… Grassy, at best. That’s why I generally steer clear of drops and tinctures, in favor of flavorless capsules. Mary Poppins had the right idea that a “spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down,” but in the case of Social CBD, all it really takes is a bit of sweet flavor.
Far more palatable than your kid’s cough syrup, Social CBD Broad Spectrum Drops are stevia-sweetened and infused with the essences of Pomegranate Tea, Meyer Lemon, and Vanilla Mint. Unflavored, for you purists out there, is composed of only MCT Coconut Oil and CBD Hemp Extract.
Finally, a tincture so tasty that I actually WANT to take directly from the dropper! Vanilla Mint not only lifts my spirits, but immediately freshens my breath. Pomegranate Tea provides warmth and comfort, without the cup. Meyer Lemon is an invigorating, zesty wake up call, perfect for kicking off the day on a bright note.
While I’m happy to take this treatment without further adulteration, the beauty of these blends is how easily they lend themselves to further recipe experimentation, too. Inspired by the fresh, fruity flavor and antioxidant powerhouse of pomegranates, I took the Pomegranate Tea Broad Spectrum Drops and blended them into a spoonable smoothie bowl.
Pretty in pink, it’s both powerfully tasty and nutritious, using pomegranate juice and arils to pump up the flavor. While the CBD drops are certainly optional, I’ve found it incredibly helpful in stabilizing my mood throughout the day, which makes the full combination an ideal, complete breakfast. Alternatively, if you need a boost to beat the midday slump, reach for this bountiful bowl instead of that second (or third) cup of coffee. Energize, satisfy, and soothe yourself, all in great taste.
Use the promo code MOMSMEET25 to save 25% on all Social CBD products. Offer ends August 31, 2020.
- 2 Frozen Bananas, Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Pitaya Powder
- 2 - 4 Tablespoons Pomegranate Juice
- 1 (1 ml) Full Dropper Social CBD Pomegranate Tea Broad Spectrum Drops
- 2 Tablespoons Pomegranate Arils
- 1 Tablespoon Goji Berries
- 1 Teaspoon Hemp Seeds
1. Pulse frozen banana, pitaya powder, and pomegranate juice in your food processor to begin breaking down the fruit. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula periodically to keep everything incorporated.
2. Puree at full power until smooth and creamy. Drizzle in the oil with the motor running. Add more juice as needed to achieve your desired consistency; transfer to a bowl.
3. Arrange the pomegranate arils, goji berries, and hemp seeds over the mixture. Serve immediately.
- Though the CBD drops are optional, they're highly recommended!
- Feel free to simplify this recipe, and/or giving it an extra nutritional boost by replacing the pitaya powder with your favorite protein powder. Neutral, vanilla, or berry flavored blends would be the most harmonious here.
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I have experience with all of these companies and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through my links.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 8gSugar: 44gProtein: 5g
All nutritional information presented within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on BitterSweetBlog.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. Even though I try to provide accurate nutritional information to the best of my ability, these figures should still be considered estimates.
This review was made possible as a collaboration with Moms Meet and Social CBD. My opinions can not be bought and all content is original. This page may contain affiliate links; thank you for supporting my blog!