Although I take great pride in this little blog of mine and try to post quite regularly, I tend to think of myself more as a lurker than a blogger. If there is any free time between crafting, baking, and writing, you are sure to find me browsing through the 100+ blogs I have earmarked, enjoying witty scraps of conversation and creative ideas, but rarely chiming in myself. It’s just hard not to feel like an outsider when such amazingly talented people seem way out of my league, which is why I usually end up as the observer and leave interaction to the ‘real’ bloggers. Thus, a meme has never graced my webspace before, but it seems as though the winds are changing; Nominated by no less than two bloggers for the exact same meme, it seems as though fate has conspired to shake up my usual routine. Despite my extreme distaste for talking about myself, I’m just tickled pink that you guys really want to know, so how could I refuse?
For those of you who are just here for the crafts and food, I’m putting this bit of babble underneath a cut so you don’t need to waste time scrolling through it. Just sit tight and you will be returned to your regularly scheduled blogging shortly!
INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:
1. Tales of a Cheeky Monkey
2. Blairs Boys
3. Harmonia’s Cuppa Tea
4. Vaguetarian Tea Room
Next, select five people to tag:
Hope you guys don’t mind… I just want to hear more about you!
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Hmm… I guess I was in elementary school…?(!)
What were you doing 1 year ago?
A real ‘fun’ stay at the hospital. Bleh.
Five snacks you enjoy:
This is so hard to pick! Well, what immediately comes to mind (in no particular order) is…
2. Soy Delicious Ice Cream (Green Tea, please!)
3. Soy Crips
4. Luna Bars
5. Hummus and Veggies
Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:
Wow, my memory escapes me at the moment… I would have to say none, other than something stupid like ‘Happy Birthday.’
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Tough one! I would probably keep doing exactly what I do right now, with the addition of…
1. Buy tons of craft supplies. You can never have too much yarn, right?
2. Save a bunch for the future.
3. Donate to a couple animal rights groups.
4. Spurge on really good vanilla beans. Seriously, this is a real indulgence for me.
5. Buy a new camera lens. …Just because I could, really.
Five bad habits:
Oh man, do I have a list going! I’ll spare you though and keep it brief.
1. Picking at hangnails. The only way I can ever stop is to keep my hands busy at all times, which is where all of my mad crafting comes into the picture.
2. Bitching at my mom for no reason. I feel horrible about this- I’m so sorry mom! It’s just that I have no one else to complain to, so she always sees my worst side.
3. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
4. Leaving clean laundry on the floor instead of sorting and putting it away.
5. Hording food. If there’s one product that I fall in love with, I buy enough of it to fill the entire back closet just in case they stopped making it all of a sudden. And then even if I can’t finish it in any reasonable amount of time, I guard it viciously in case someone else might actually take some.
Five things you like doing:
Mostly everything I like doing is evident by the categories of my blog, but…
1. Crafting. Bet you could have guessed that by now!
2. Reading. I used to read all the time before I picked up knitting needles, but now I can barely find the time to just sit quietly without creating something.
3. Photography. Nothing in the house is safe from being included in a still life, not even the wilted lettuce in the fridge.
4. Baking. Again, I’m sure you all saw that coming.
5. Playing DDR. I really dislike video games and feel they’re a waste of time, but I admit it, I like playing DDR. Although I won’t ever let anyone watch.
Five things you would never wear again:
1. Any sort of bathing suit. I can’t even swim for crying out loud!
2. Flat shoes. My casual shoes have a 5 inch heel, so I really can’t walk normally without tall shoes.
3. Headbands. They just look gross on me.
4. Anklets. They’re cute, but I always manage to break them, no matter what.
5. Anything in neon colors. ‘Nuff said.
Five favorite toys:
1. Camera. I don’t go a single day without using it.
2. Laptop. I just got a new one although I haven’t made the switch yet, since that will probably take a whole day of work… It’s got some pretty nifty technology though, especially since my current model can’t even burn CDs.
3. Stand Mixer. I would be lost without its muscle in the kitchen.
4. Creative Zen (MP3 Player)
5. Sewing Machine. It’s my mother’s old Singer from the 70’s, but it’s still going strong.
Whew, I guess that wasn’t so painful… Hope that didn’t chase everyone away now!